The LAST LINE OF DEFENSE FOR OCEAN GOERS AGAINST curious and aggressive sea creatures
Made with recycled ocean plastics and a 316 stainless steel spike, The Biteback offers ocean goers a bit more peace of mind and a better chance at fending off sharks in the unfortunate event of an attack. It is NOT designed to kill.
The low profile holster sits comfortably out of the way and keeps your Biteback secure, yet easily accessible in case of emergency. Comes in a set with a left and right arm carrier.
Protect yourself and help clean up the ocean.
By purchasing this product you are contributing to cleaning up the marine environment of plastics. Not only that but part of the proceeds will be donated to marine conservation efforts.
• 316 Stainless Steel Spike.
• Durable and easy to grip handle made with recycled ocean plastics. High vis orange colour and it floats.
• Sheath, also made with recycled ocean plastics, also high vis orange and floats. Easily detaches for quick access to spike in case of emergency.
• Low profile, superstretch neoprene carrier. Tool slides into built in pocket and secures safely to the outside of the upper arm(s). Provides quick and easy access to the tool, in case of emergency.
• Rugged and durable lanyard for easy access to tool, in case of emergency.
When we enter the ocean we must consider and respect the shark, because we are in their natural environment. Nonetheless, finding yourself in the company of a hungry or curious shark is not a good feeling, seeing as we have no natural defense.
We do have brains however and research has shown that the eyes, gills and electrical receptors around a shark's snout are their most sensitive parts. Therefore we've designed and developed The Biteback to help fend and fight off these apex predators and increase your odds of survival in an attack.
Who's it for?
The Biteback is applicable to surfing, swimming, diving/snorkeling, kitesurfing, SUPs, kayaking, fishing, water photographers, ocean rescue, and many more.
Phil Light, Ph. D Marine Biologist (Shark attack survivor)
...I like that it can be accessed quickly in an emergency. When I was bitten by a Grey Reef shark at Enewetak Atoll, it would have definitely come in handy. I was bitten on my left hand and my partner was bitten on his right arm. Even though he had a bang stick mounted on his backpack, there was no way for me to remove and activate it, since it would have required two hands. I can see how your product would be a lot easier to use, plus would not be nearly as dangerous to use. It's nice to know it won't kill the shark either!
Roger Moore, Surfer/Kitesurfer/Ocean Engineer (Shark attack survivor)
I like the Biteback's design. Its simple. Next time, I'm biting back!